Point Positive and the North Country Innovation Hotspot Program at Clarkson’s Shipley Center are joining forces to present a day of workshops for emerging entrepreneurs and angel investors on Friday, September 14, 2018. The day will culminate with a Pitch Event, during which 3-4 teams of entrepreneurs will compete for prize money and a chance to present to Point Positive’s Member Investors at their Fall Pitch Event on Monday, October 15th.
Point Positive 101 will take place at the Antique Boat Museum (750 Mary Street) in Clayton, NY.
Who Should Attend?
- Entrepreneurs interested in gaining the tools to put together a persuasive pitch to attract investors and other potential stakeholders. Although the emphasis will be on ventures that have the ability to go to scale, the founders of smaller “Main St.” businesses and start-up non-profit organizations are also welcome to participate in the workshops
- Entrepreneurs should know their product/service, target market, etc.
- 3-4 teams will be chosen from the participants to make pitches based on their readiness and ability to go to scale
- Others interested in attending but not competing will also be welcome
- Current angel investors with an interest in honing their skills
- Individuals interested in becoming angel investors
There is a $25 fee for all participants to cover food and beverages. Cash or check only - no credit/debit cards.